Information on how to submit order files
To ensure high quality of the CTP processing, we kindly ask you to follow the requests provided below. The requested format of the file: composite CMYK PDF. Please avoid using separate PDF. The document should not be RGB or LAB; the submitted file should not contain embedded colour profile.
- 2400 dpi resolution, binary coding, Font Inclusion: to be set to ’All’. Previous drivers with similar use may be used as PostScript drivers. Setting the grating and angles not needed when writing the PS, as we use our own set of measurements when we do the grid setting. If you wish to use own settings, please let us know when placing the order. Please set the compatibility of Distiller to at least Acrobat 4.0, our software is capable of safely processing PDF of versions 1.3 to 1.7. PDFs should not contain layers. Please check the PDF by considering the following: bleed, crop marks, continuity of colour transition and page order. Font embeds and overprints can be checked with Adobe Acrobat.
- CD, DVD, USB storage, also email or FTP server is available. The necessary access details can be requested from our colleagues.
- Please completely embed fonts as it is very important! Please avoid the use of system fonts (they do not or not always embed). It is advised to set character to ‘curved’ in vector-based eps with text. The inserted image files not to be a 5-file (DCS) eps, gif, wmf, or pict.
- Direct Colours: Leave only those colours as ‘spot colours’ that wished to be printed as direct colours, all the others please are left in the CMYK.
- The PDF files may have arbitrary amount of pages. In case of pair pages fragmentation please turn off the ‘spread’ setting. Please do not put the pages together based on how would the machine print it. The order file should be a single and separate product. The page size should match the cut size when fragmentised; the bleed should be at least 3 mm (or at least 5 mm when saddle stitched). Please include crop marks on pages. Other registration marks are not needed. Please mind that the positioning of crop marks (offset) should at least 3 mm or 5 mm when saddle stitched.
- Die cut drawing and varnish form should be vector based and sent along with the PDF on separate pages, or separate file, or put on the graphics with easily identifiable colour (i.e. direct colour).
- Please provide us a black & white print of each page of the publication, where page order is clarified. It is better to have this print based on the PDF rather than the file. We may require folding sample or colour samples.
- We are not accepting any complaint regarding content or grammatical errors. When obvious mistakes are spotted we will contact the client. Our proof and printings are calibrated; therefore it is advised to prepare the proof in-house.
We are looking forward to your enquiries regarding submitting under the email address email@example.com.